Our contact details
Name: SLH Financial Services Limited T/A The Mortgage Test is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority no 959830. SLH Financial Services is registered in England & Wales at 320 Warth Business Centre Warth Road, Bury, England, BL9 9TB under reference 13609504
Phone Number: 0161 763 0301
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details);
- Financial information (for the purpose of combating fraud and money laundering);
- Health and medical information (for the purpose of providing insurance advice);
- Property informant (for the purpose of mortgage underwriting);
- See our privacy and cookies policy for details of information collected by our website.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Mortgage advice, assessment/qualification and underwriting;
- Insurance advice, assessment/qualification and underwriting.
This information is collected on a ‘contractual’ basis to assist us with providing you with a mortgage and protection advice service.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Lenders – Will provide us with necessary information to assist in providing advice, the establishment of a lending product or the ongoing servicing of our customers;
- Insurers – Will provide us with necessary information to assist in providing advice, the establishment of an insurance product or the ongoing servicing of our customers.
We use the information that you have given us in order to provide you with a mortgage and/or insurance advice.
We may share this information with:
We will only share your personal data with third parties when it is necessary for the service you have asked us to provide, and we will have contracts/safeguards in place to ensure that they comply with the GDPR and treat the privacy of your personal data with the same importance as we do.
Where you ask us to advise or guide you on certain elements such as insurance we will ask you questions regarding your ethnic origin, your health and medical history. We will record and use your special category data in order to make enquiries to find suitable products that may meet your objectives and provide you with advice and guidance regarding the suitability of any product that may be available to you. The arrangement of certain types of insurance may involve disclosure by you to us of information relating to historic or current criminal convictions or offences (together with criminal disclosures). This relates to insurance related activities such as underwriting, claims and fraud management. E will use Special Category Data and any Criminal Disclosure in the same way as your personal data generally, as set out in this privacy notice. In order to process your Special Category data however we do require your explicit consent.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- We have a contractual obligation;
- We have a legal obligation;
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in electronic format using our customer relationship management system, The Key.
Additionally, we also make use of market leading product sourcing technology provided by Mortgage Brain, Trigold, iPipeline and AIR sourcing.
We keep the above personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil our regulatory and legal responsibilities. This means that we will retain your information for as long as you are legally able to file a complaint or as long as we have a legal obligation to do so under Anti-Money Laundering legislation. We will then dispose of your information by permanently deleting it from our files.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have certain rights; including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office [ICO] if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: www.ico.org.uk